Miami University is awarding scholarship program for undergraduate and master doctoral students, Ohio, 2012 2013
Scholarship Program: Doctoral-Undergraduate Opportunities for Scholarship (DUOS) 2012-2013
Type of Award: Scholarship
Nationality: Scholarship is open for U.S. citizen.
Employer: Scholarship is funded by Miami University.
Level of study: This Scholarship program is open for graduate and undergraduate research at Miami University.
Subject(s): Subjects offered by the university.
Duration: This Scholarship program is one year.
Number of awards: The selection committee may provide funding for up to 11 awards.
Am I eligible? 1) The program is open to all Miami University full-time post-masters’ doctoral students. If the graduate student’s program does not offer a master’s, students must be in at least their second year of graduate study.
2) Application to the program is open to any Miami University undergraduate student who holds a minimum 2.75 GPA and is otherwise in good standing (not on probation, etc.).
How do I apply? Interested students can apply for this program electronically.
What does it cover? Each project may receive up to $1,000 total. Awardees should budget 75% of funds to be used in direct support of the research project. The remaining 25% of the funds ($250.)
Scholarship Description: The DUOS program aims to heighten the synergy between graduate and undergraduate research at Miami University. The undergraduate student and graduate student will work together on a research project under the supervision of a faculty member in a Ph.D. granting department. Either the undergraduate or graduate student may initiate the application, but the undergraduate student is to have primary authorship of the project. DUOS Program is open to any undergraduate student and any post-master’s doctoral student in good standing who agree to abide by program requirements.
Application closing date: This scholarship deadline is 15 October, 2012.