Northern Illinois University is offering a Scholarship Program for Undergraduate students to Study Abroad, Illinois, 2012 2013
Scholarship Program: John and Lili LaTourette International Studies Scholarship
Type of Award: Scholarship
Nationality: Scholarship is for U.S. citizen only.
Employer: Northern Illinois University is awarding a Scholarship program.
Level of study: Scholarship is open for Undergraduate studies.
Subject(s): Subjects offered by the university.
Duration: Scholarship program is organized Spring semester.
Number of awards: The Scholarship award number is one.
Am I eligible? 1) Acceptance into an NIU Cosponsored spring study abroad program. The Program must be offered by an NIU approved study abroad provider.
2) Junior or senior standing at the time of study abroad program application.
3) Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
4) Academic accomplishments and study abroad application will be reviewed.
5) Students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing at the time of study abroad program application.
6) Students who transfer to Northern Illinois University must have successfully completed and received grades for at least one full semester at NIU before they are eligible to participate in a study abroad program or apply for this scholarship.
How do I apply? Students must be send application materials by Post.
What does it cover? One spring 2013 Award of $425.
Scholarship Description: In an effort to make study abroad opportunities available to qualified NIU students, each year Northern Illinois University offers the John E. and Lili LaTourette International Studies Scholarships for Northern Illinois University students interested in study abroad. John and Lili La Tourette spent 40 years in higher education, and nearly 15 years at the helm of the presidency of Northern Illinois University. John LaTourette was NIU’s tenth president. He believed in international education and considered study abroad a cornerstone in the pursuit of a Northern Illinois University degree that prepares students for careers in a global economy.
Application closing date: November 15, 2012 for spring programs